Monday, March 5, 2012

It Might As Well Be Spring



It may be March, but the weather is gorgeous.  Although the rain stopped by for a visit last week, the sun is shining and it is incredibly warm outside.


When I finally finished this sweater last year, I decided polka dots were not suitable cold weather attire.  Well, the warm temperature has me seeing green . . . polka dots. 


I am currently working on a wool cardigan (another pattern from A Stitch in Time, Volume 2 – I can’t get enough!) and feel rather ridiculous knitting with wool yarn when it is over 70 degrees outside.  Oh well.


Now that we have had a hint of what is to come, I really don’t want to go back to the cold.  I had grand plans for at least two lengths of wool fabric, but I may have to abandon them as all of the new patterns and thoughts of Spring and Summer dresses distract me.


Or perhaps I should just go ahead and cut into that wool.  After all, Winter is bound to return!



Sweater:  Made by me, “Bud” from knitrowan.com
Skirt:  Vintage
Shoes:  Colin Stuart for Victoria’s Secret
Bag: Harvey’s Seatbelt Bags “Bow Tide Blue” Large Satchel

2 comments:

  1. Overheard conversation #13:

    "She's needling us, again!"
    (eyes rolling)"Puh-leeze."
    "Didn't you see that sweater?"
    "For her that's just a long afternoon, a pot of herbal tea, and her maniacal cackle at the completion of each row."
    "Another decoy? She's frogging my last nerve!"
    "Of course she is. Do you think that B330 isn't smudged with her fingerprints, that its five feet aren't covered with calluses, and that muslin isn't completely depleted in a three county area?"
    "Well, we are talking about Laura Mae."
    "Mmmm hmmm, (slowly and over-enunciated) Laura Mae."
    "And she has been editorializing, not sewing, since her anti-Valentine's Day effort, which she claimed was keeping her from her new machine."
    "That allows more than a fortnight's worth of fiendish flat felling and folding for her."
    "If she doth protest of working with woolens, (pause) then she's been covertly cutting cottons!"
    (in a knowing sing-song, with finger extended for emphasis) "That's Laura Mae."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love the sweater. It's a gorgeous design with the large and small dots defining different areas of the sweater. Very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete